PCI Data Security | Payment Card Industry Security Standards
Freed Maxick is the only firm in Western New York registered with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, LLP (PCI SSC). Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) companies are organizations that have been qualified by the Council to have their employees assess compliance to the PCI DSS standard. Qualified Security Assessors are employees of these organizations who have been certified by the Council to validate an entity’s adherence to the PCI DSS.
If you are a merchant that accepts payment cards or a service provider that processes, transmits, or stores credit card data then you are required to be compliant with the PCI Data Security Standard. From the world’s largest corporations to small Internet stores, compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is vital for all organizations who accept credit cards, online or offline, because nothing is more important than keeping your customer’s payment card data secure.
How We Can Help
Freed Maxick has an experienced team of Qualified Security Assessors (QSA) who help your organization develop and maintain a complete security program. Freed Maxick understands you face unique challenges with PCI compliance. We offer a customized, flexible approach that’s based on an objective assessment of your needs. With a low management-to-staff ratio, we give you senior-level attention and personalized service. Our approach to PCI Data Security Standard compliance includes three types of services applicable to all service providers, managed hosting service providers and merchant levels:
- PCI Data Security Standard assessment services – This review assesses your organization’s security against the controls listed in the PCI Self-Assessment Questionnaire or the PCI Report On Compliance (ROC) and provides recommendations for remediating any identified control gaps.
- PCI Data Security Standard remediation services – This service provides feedback on remediation actions targeted to close any identified compliance gaps.
- PCI Report on Compliance (ROC) – This independent validation of PCI Data Security Standard compliance provides your organization with a PCI ROC and practical recommendations for enhancing your card processing systems’ security controls.
PCI compliance Benefits
PCI compliance and related reviews have several benefits, including:
- Reducing control risk levels
- Mitigating risks associated with technology
- Providing high security standards for your customers
- Minimizing the threat to your organization’s reputation in the case of a security breach
Contact Freed Maxick to discuss any PCI questions and learn how we can assist you with your PCI needs.
Why Freed Maxick CPAs?
At Freed Maxick, we understand you face unique challenges in assessing the effectiveness of your technology. With this in mind, we offer a customized, flexible approach that’s based on your needs. With a low management-to-staff ratio, we give you senior-level attention and personalized service. And our technology consultants have experience across a number of industries. This means we spend less time getting to know your industry and more time helping you find cost-effective solutions to address your technology needs. Our technology-based services often yield opportunities to increase productivity and reduce costs. The result can be a more efficient, better-run business.
CONTACT US to learn more about our Consulting Services.
ABOUT US: Freed Maxick CPAs is Western and Upstate New York’s (NY) largest public accounting firm and a Top 100 firm in the U.S. Freed Maxick provides audit, tax and consulting services to closely-held businesses, public (SEC) companies, not-for-profits and governmental entities in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany and NYC, New York.