Buffalo Charitable Drive Announced for the 2012 Holiday Season
Each year our firm looks to the fall/winter holiday season as a great time to give back to our community. Now, of course we are offering up our help and support of local organizations all year round, but the holidays are a time when many families are in need, and we are here to help!
This year’s initiative will be to adopt families through Child and Family Services of Buffalo. Freed Maxick employees can help share the joy of the holiday season by giving hope to Buffalo children and families in need. Child & Family Services makes it possible for those with a generous spirit to make the holidays a little brighter for the hundreds of families in our community. The agency’s annual “Adopt-a-Family Program” pairs donors with families by giving a wish list and a brief narrative of the family’s background. Through the overwhelming support of donors in 2011, Child & Family Services provided gifts to more than 140 families.
Next week, we will post bios of the families we have adopted and their wish lists. After purchase, you can bring your item to the Buffalo HR office so everything can be donated to these families in time for the holidays.
A little about Child and Family Services:
For over 130 years, Child and Family Services has dedicated its resources to meet the needs of children and families. One of Western New York’s oldest human service agencies, Child and Family Services fosters safe and healthy environments for children and families in local homes, schools, workplaces and communities. The agency is rooted in the Buffalo City Children’s Aid Society, established in 1873, and the Buffalo Charity Organization Society, which was established in 1877, and became the Family Service Society in 1934.
- One of the largest private, not-for-profit family service agencies in the country
- Recognized leader in innovative programming and services for children, adults, families and business
- Non-sectarian agency which provides services to children, families and individuals without regard to race, creed, national origin or economic status
- 60% of clients served live at or below national poverty level
- Child and Family Services is governed by a volunteer board of directors
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc., Child and Family Services is a member agency of the United Way, Alliance for Children and Families and the Child Welfare League of America
Last year, we delivered over 18 boxes of winter clothing to International School #45 donated by our Employees. It felt great to help out and we know the clothing was appreciated. We are looking forward to another successful event this year with our Adopt-A-Family Program, and hope all of our employees get involved to give back.