The April 15 tax deadline will soon be here. Both CPAs and taxpayers are working hard around the cloack to make sure their information is accurate and their paperwork filed. Tax preparers, businesses, news media and web masters may also be looking for creative ways to help their clients find the right IRS tax information and tools they need to be in compliance by the deadline date.
IRS Social Media Tools
No fear! Consider using these IRS social media tools to help navigate the tax deadline:
- IRS2Go. IRS’s free mobile app gives you your refund status, tax news updates, IRS You Tube videos and also lets you request your tax records. IRS2Go is available for the iPhone, iTouch or Android mobile devices.
- YouTube. IRS offers video tax tips on a variety of topics in English, Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Twitter. Tweets from @IRSnews provide tax-related announcements and daily tax tips. Tweets from @IRStaxpros offer news and guidance for tax professionals. Tweets from @IRSenEspanol have news and information in Spanish, and @RecruitmentIRS provides updates for job seekers.
- Podcasts IRS has short audio recordings that offer one tax-related topic per podcast. They are available on iTunes or through the Multimedia Center. Transcripts of the Podcasts are also available.
- Tumblr. IRS Tumblr is a microblogging platform where users can access IRS tax tips, videos, and podcasts. The IRS uses Tumblr to share information about important programs. Tumblr can be accessed from your browser, smartphone, tablet or desktop.
Protecting your privacy is a top priority of the IRS. The IRS uses social media tools to share public information, not to answer personal tax or account questions. You should never post your Social Security number or any other confidential information on social media sites.
Additional IRS Resources:
- IRS Social Media – English