The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival (XRIJF) in Rochester, New York, has quickly become one of the nation’s most popular and most respected music festivals. Thousands travel from all areas of the country to take part in all of the amazing musical performances, and take in the amazing culture of the beautiful city of Rochester, NY.
The 2013 Festival will be held June 21-29. The Little Theatre has been added as a new Club Pass Venue for 2013…. so make sure to check out all of the amazing performances and events that will be taking place there during the festival. It’s a fantastic venue and really neat place to check out if you have never been.
Check out the “Freed Maxick Jazz Tent” tent behind The Little Theatre during the Festival. Anyone is invited to stop by during the festival for live music, food, and a cash bar. Keep in mind, as we mentioned above, the Little is also a club venue for the Festival, so there will be ticketed events inside all week as well.
- Fri., June 21, 5:30-7:30: Josh Netsky l 8:30-10:30: GRR Band
- Sat., June 22, 5:30-7:30: Connie Deming l 8:30-10:30: Annie Wells
- Sun., June 23, 5:30-7:30: Stoney Lonesome Band l 8:30-10:30: Harmonica Lewinsky
- Mon., June 24, 5:30-7:30: Maria Gillard l 8:30-10:30: The Jane Mutiny
- Tues., June 25, 5:30-7:30: Steve Grills and The Roadmasters l 8:30-10:30: Significant Other
- Wed., June 26, 5:30-7:30: The Russell Fielder Trio l 8:30-10:30: Margaret Explosion
- Thur., June 27, (PRIVATE EVENT ONLY) l 8:30-10:30: The Pickpockets
- Fri., June 28, 5:30-7:30: Josh Netsky l 8:30-10:30: GRR Band
- Sat., June 29, 5:30-7:30: Michalea Davis l 8:30-10:30: Annie Wells
Browse their blog below to learn all that is planned, or visit the WXXI booth on Jazz Street (aka Gibbs Street) during the fest for complete details.
WXXI/Little Jazz site: http://interactive.wxxi.org/jazzfest
We hope you enjoy the week’s festivities and get to listen to some amazing music. Here are some helpful resources to help you navigate through all the events and even connect on social media.
Program Listings Guide (June issue): http://interactive.wxxi.org/listing
From the event website, below are some helpful links and resources to make your way through a very musical week.
The Festival is presented in three series: Headliner, Club Pass Series and Free Shows. There are also nightly jam sessions. To see the shows in each series, click on the venue.
7 concerts held at Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre
All seats reserved.
Doors open 30 minutes before shows.
Club Pass Series
224 shows at the following venues
Enter with a Club Pass or cash at the door, $20 and $25, no advance sales. First-come, first-served for everyone. Shows sell out, arrive early! Door open 30 minutes before shows.
Free Shows on Outdoor Stages
No tickets required. All shows rain or shine. Bring a lawn chair. Food and beverages available for purchase on site.
City of Rochester Stage Presented by Wegmans at East Ave. at Chestnut St.
City of Rochester Stage Presented by Rochester General Health System at East Ave. at Chestnut St.
City of Rochester Stage Presented by Rochester General Health System at East Ave. and Alexander St.
Rochester Public Library
The RG&E – LiDestri Spirit STAGE