It’s tax season, and as with any season it comes but once a year. But during tax season many, especially in the accounting profession, forget to lift their heads and breathe once in a while. It is not only a stressful time of year but a pressure filled time of year for many.
Whether it’s a season of jam packed weddings to attend or a season of holiday parties and events where appearances must be made, we all could use a little “me time” now and again. What better way to relieve stress and re-balance our lives than with some serious down time.
While the weather says otherwise, it is almost spring and Buffalo NY gears up in a big way with a host of events and activities. So while your preparing those taxes and crunching those numbers, take some time to enjoy the little things in life. Be it with family, friends, or by yourself, Buffalo offers some great events that shouldn’t be missed. Below are just a few of the many things going on this spring/tax season.
Wellness Walk at Tifft
Drop by Tifft Nature Preserve and enjoy the fresh air and the sights and sounds of the season with a guided outdoor walk at a casual pace on our beautiful, flat trails! $2.00 per person donation appreciated. Please call 716-825-6397 to confirm walk will be taking place.
- March 13, 2014 – December 18, 2014
- Location: Tifft Nature Preserve
- Address: 1200 Fuhrmann Boulevard, Buffalo, NY 14203
- Venue: Tifft Nature Preserve
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Thursday
Look-In Open House & Tasting
Experience modern, sophisticated ambiance and great service, all the while getting inspired by Buffalo’s elite wedding professionals. The Mansion on Delaware will offer fabulous wines, hor’ d’oeuvres and sweet treats! RSVP to: www.mansionondelaware.com/weddings.htm
- March 13, 2014
- Location: Mansion on Delaware Avenue
- Address: 414 Delaware Ave., Buffalo, NY 14202
- Venue: Mansion on Delaware Avenue
- March 13, 2014 – March 16, 2014
- Location: Hamburg Fairgrounds Event Center
- Address: 5600 McKinley Parkway, Hamburg, NY 14075
- Venue: Fairgrounds Event Center
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Visit Website
Buffalo, the Best Planned City in the Word: Exhibit
Now on display in the Buffalo Niagara Visitor Center Gallery is photographer Andy Olenick’s exhibition titled, “Buffalo, The Best Planned City in the World: A Heritage of Distinguished Parks and Architecture.” The exhibit includes photos from Buffalo’s Olmsted Park System, as well as along Delaware Avenue and in the Parkside neighborhood that Frederick Law Olmsted helped to design. Also on display are incredible shots of Buffalo’s grand architecture.
- March 13, 2014 – April 30, 2014
- Location: Buffalo Niagara Visitor Center
- Address: 617 Main St., Buffalo, NY 14202
- Venue: Buffalo Niagara Visitor Center
- Visit Website
Buffalo Home & Garden Show
Find innovative products, new ideas, practical advice and great deals in remodeling, home improvement and gardening with hundreds of experts all under one roof. From windows and flooring to cabinets and landscaping and much more. Shop, compare and save for 6 days only!
- March 14, 2014 – March 16, 2014
- Location: Buffalo Niagara Convention Center
- Address: 153 Franklin Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
- Venue: Buffalo Niagara Convention Center
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Friday, Saturday
- Visit Website
Held annually in March and usually the Saturday before the downtown Buffalo St. Patrick’s Day Parade, the “Old Neighborhood” St. Patrick’s Day Parade retraces the original 1913 parade route through the historic streets of the Valley and Old First Ward neighborhoods.
- March 15, 2014
- Location: The historic streets of the Valley and Old First Ward neighborhoods
Address: South Park Avenue, Smith Street, Elk Street, Hamburg Street, and O’Connell Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14210