Freed Maxick CPAs, a Top 100 Firm based in Buffalo, NY, has immediate openings for auditors at all levels with SEC experience. Might you be a good fit to join our team? Check out the details below of our most recent “Spotlight Job Opportunity” to see if this position might be for you!
Our SEC Services Group concentrates on serving publicly traded mid-sized and emerging-growth companies in a large variety of industries. Our audits are individually designed with consideration for our clients’ internal controls, systems and personnel. We regularly provide guidance to our clients with their prospectuses, proxy statements, Form S-1s, and form 10-Qs and 10-Ks. We are also experienced with reverse mergers and form 10 transactions as a way of going public.
Our auditors can guide companies through the IPO process, working with SEC counsel on form S-1 and prospectus and the audit of financial statements under PCAOB audit standards.
We continually keep our clients informed of the latest SEC and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) developments, and we maintain an active involvement with audit committees to ensure their participation.
As an auditor with Freed Maxick, you will:
- Review financial statements and disclosures for a variety of complex transactions, as well as interesting and unusual accounting, auditing and factual issues.
- Review filings to identify potential or actual material accounting, auditing, financial reporting or disclosure deficiencies resulting from deviations from GAAP, GAAS or the accounting rules and policies of the SEC
- Interact with top professionals in the accounting and securities industries
- Field questions from registrants, prospective registrants
- Offer guidance and counseling, either informally or through no-action letters
- Manage overall preparation of all Form 8-Ks, 10-Qs and other filings, as required by the SEC
- Ensure compliance of SEC filings according to GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification of and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide GAAP interpretation and document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Research and document accounting and financial reporting requirements using all available tools, recommending accounting treatment for complex transactions based on such research
- Manage communications with appropriate personnel on SEC reporting and accounting issues to ensure audit alignment
- Assist in the coordination and support of the annual audit and quarterly review activity
- Develop, manage and implement accounting policies and procedures in compliance with GAAP
- Initiate special projects required to meet regularly reporting requirements
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as motivated to work as a team player to contribute to the success of the department and the organization
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, stock option accounting, revenue recognition, acquisitions, foreign currency transactions and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Assist in researching accounting matters and analyzing the impact to the financial statements
- Prepare financial statement disclosures, ensuring they are supported with clear and well-organized documentation including detailed financial calculations and analyses
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance. Join the Freed Maxick team and:
- Be a member of A Top 100 Firm in the United States
- Experience promotion, prestige & advancement opportunities
- Be part of a challenging, productive work environment
- Receive excellent compensation & benefits, spot bonuses
- Keep your technical skills sharp through ongoing CPE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Current CPA or CPA Track
- Minimum 2 years of SEC audit experience with proficient knowledge of financial and accounting internal auditing and internal control requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience reviewing prospectuses, proxy statements, Form S-1s, and form 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Minimum 2 years of Technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, stock option accounting, revenue recognition, acquisitions, foreign currency transactions and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Previous or current public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Professional communication and demeanor to maintain client relationships with top professionals in the accounting and securities industries to offer clear guidance and counseling, either informally or through no-action letters
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a team player to contribute to the success of the department and the organization
- Ability to travel approximately 6 to 8 weeks per year
By joining Freed Maxick, you’ll enjoy a great career with work/life balance, manageable schedules and travel, a unique sociable culture in the office, flexible and alternative schedules, as well as opportunities to give back to the community through volunteer initiatives. Check out some of our testimonials to learn more about why people enjoy Freed Maxick!
“Working in the SEC group has been a valuable experience for the development of my career. It offers opportunity to challenge yourself by exposing you to complex accounting and SEC reporting requirements. My experience in the SEC group has helped me develop skills that are distinguishable from general audit services.” – Christopher Bonowski, Associate, Buffalo Office
“I enjoy being a part of an experienced Freed Maxick team, particularly on my SEC engagements, where I get a chance to work with a diverse set of clients, each with their own unique business model and experiences. Through these experiences I am constantly learning and Freed Maxick offers a great place to develop my skill set in the public practice.” – Ian Johnston, Senior Associate, Buffalo Office