We have immediate opportunities for Full Time Accounting Assistants and Bookkeepers. This is a hybrid position based in our Buffalo or Batavia, NY office.
About The Job
• Responsible for the accurate recording of all financial transactions for Firm clients
• Comprehensive and thorough bookkeeping duties including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, general ledger, personal tax return preparation and write-up work
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
• Assist with in-house payroll processing and tax filings
• Adaptability to changing duties and priorities based on client requirements
• May require some travel to client locations for office-based candidates
What We Are Looking For
• AAS or BS in Accounting or related field
• Three to Five years’ experience; previous or current employment within a CPA firm a plus but not required
• Solid Quickbooks experience – certification a plus!
• Familiarity with reviewing financials, processing bank deposits and completing transfers
• Knowledge and comfort in reviewing financial records
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and organization organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
• Strong communication and client-facing skills; professional appearance; ability to develop and maintain client relationships
• Ability to manage multiple engagements demonstrating good time management skills
What Freed Maxick Offers
• An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
• A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
• An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
• Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
• Unique sociable culture
• Flexible scheduling opportunities
• Hybrid work environment
• Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $20/hour to $40/hour. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!