Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Manager, Data Analytics in our Buffalo office. Freed Maxick is one of the largest Accounting firms in Western New York, and a Top 50 Firm as ranked by Vault.
The Firm’s Business Intelligence (BI) Practice creates custom data warehouses to house and secure client data, develop automated data feeds to ensure timeliness of the data, and develop critical dashboards that allow clients to leverage their information.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about BI, analytics, data visualization, data science and advanced analytics.
- Will serve as the connection between our clients and our internal development team.
- Will play a fundamental role in guiding the DBA/ETL Developers in data ingestion, data prep and transformation, automation, modeling and visualization across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Will manage the development of Tableau Dashboards by working with the client to understand requirements, define a validation plan, and scope deliverables appropriately to ensure realistic timeframes for development.
- Meet with business stakeholders to clarify and document reporting requirements.
- Meet with technical stakeholders (DBAs and ETL Developers) convey requirements and review results, in order to simplify the data structure to align to desired deliverables.
- Independently maintain constant communications with the client, to address break/fix issues, development or enhancement requests.
- Design, implement and develop data visualizations using advance capabilities and features of Tableau Software.
- Manage and mentor other BI Developers in their respective deliverables.
- Support BI Leadership in engaging clients and explaining capabilities of platform and estimating level of effort to assist in pricing estimations.
- Assist in authoring training materials that document logic and how end users will leverage dashboards and visualizations
Required qualifications for success in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3+ years of Tableau BI experience or a similar BI Platform
- Ability to work on complex development BI projects including the proactive identification of issues and coordination of resolutions, particularly as they relate to providing guidance to DBA team on defining data models.
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Reports/Analytics
- Previous experience taking large amount of data and organizing it, and then presenting it visually
- Able to author SQL queries to pull data from the database to validate results
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, in order to model and manipulate data sets
- Strong understanding of SQL, with a desire to develop expert-level knowledge
- Experienced in delivering data solutions in technically complex environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong business mindset – candidate should be able to understand reporting and visualizations created and explain why they are important to the different business users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with other internal and external clients comfortably and confidently
- A self-starter and eager to learn new tools and technologies where needed to suit client or project requirements
Please send cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference BI Manager.