We are excited to offer full-time remote or hybrid opportunities for highly skilled Financial Analysts within the Transformation Services team of Freed Maxick’s thriving Healthcare Consulting Practice. The Transformation Services team works closely with the executive and senior leadership of healthcare providers including large integrated delivery systems, community hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, hospice / palliative care agencies, human service agencies, and other specialty providers to effect positive financial transformation. Given the challenging economic landscape in the healthcare industry, our clients are continuously seeking opportunities to improve their financial position to ensure long term sustainability relative to the services they provide to their communities.
Freed Maxick’s Healthcare Consulting Practice has over 30 team members dedicated to providing services and solutions to clients with a primary focus on the following lines of service: Financial Transformation, Revenue Cycle, Reimbursement, Financial Consulting and Business Intelligence.
The ideal Financial Transformation Analyst candidate will have experience in healthcare finance, including but not limited to creating financial projections (including service line analysis), preparing cash flows, budgeting, acquisitions and/or divestitures, labor productivity assessments, and bankruptcy.
Direct experience working within a provider setting is highly preferred for this position. Experience in healthcare operations is helpful, however the ability to assess transformational initiatives through a financial lens is required.
This position requires high degree of collaboration and engagement with internal Freed Maxick team members and client stakeholders.
About The Position
The Financial Transformation Analyst will be responsible for supporting client engagements primarily in the Transformation line of service, but may also supplement client delivery on one or more of the aforementioned lines of service. Our Financial Transformation Analysts are exposed to a wide variety of engagements and are provided tremendous opportunities to learn and advance while helping our clients work through challenging initiatives.
- Review and interpret information from financial statements, trial balances, general ledger, and other financial statistics/metrics to assess current and historical financial performance while identifying improvement targets relative to best practice performance and benchmarks,
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets while collaborating with subject matter experts to interpret analysis to identify observations and provide recommendations. Example datasets include patient encounter data, procedure level data, billing statements / transactions, payroll data, accounts receivable / payable data, supply chain data, etc.
- Identify and implement strategies to effectively validate data inputs and analysis to ensure integrity of observations and recommendations
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels, including senior executives to understand objectives and the analytical support required to achieve these objectives,
- Prepare reporting deliverables to summarize data analysis and recommendations in a format to drive decision-making. This may include creating pro formas, cash flow statements, and budgets, as well as identifying creative ways to present complex and non-standard analyses ,
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop detailed project work plans to execute against initiatives identified from data driven analysis,
- Develop data models and tools to support on-going performance monitoring of implemented initiatives,
- In conjunction with subject matter experts, assesses current state processes while making recommendations for enhancements including re-designing and documenting supporting workflows and processes and,
- Participate in the development and delivery or presentations to client stakeholders
What We Are Looking For
Financial Transformation Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a healthcare finance within a healthcare provider setting (hospital, nursing home, physician practice, behavioral health, etc.) or in a consulting role. Example experience may include that of an accountant, financial analyst, decision support analyst, or budget analyst,
- Strong understanding of financial concepts including ability to interpret financial statements
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables, look ups, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to perform root cause analysis and resolve complex business issues
- An independent and critical thinker that can bring perspective, ideas and recommendations to senior staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and constantly changing environment, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads across multiple clients, projects and activities at any given time
- Ability to stay up to date with industry trends, market challenges and emerging technologies that could impact the organization’s performance.
- Ability to travel to client locations based on needs and work effectively in a virtual/remote setting
Senior Financial Transformation Analyst:
- In addition to the items listed for the Financial Transformation Analyst, the Senior Financial Transformation Analyst will have:
- 2 – 10 years of professional experience in a healthcare finance within a healthcare provider setting (hospital, nursing home, physician practice, behavioral health, etc.) or in a consulting role
- Strong project management fundamentals
- Strong executive presence and ability to converse with senior leadership
- Master’s in Business Administration or Masters in Healthcare Administration preferred but not required
- Relevant certifications a plus (CPA, Six Sigma, Lean, CAPM, PMP, etc.)
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment and strong team first culture
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $63,000 to $95,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!