Join Our Team!
Excellent opportunity for a full-time, polished Human Resources Professional – in a Generalist function – with strong payroll and benefits experience for our growing CPA firm and HR Team! This hybrid position is based in Buffalo, NY and cannot be done remotely.
About The Job
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to payroll and benefits administration including enrollments, changes and terminations, preparation of various documents and reports using Word, Excel and HRIS, 401(k) administration, accruals tracking, assisting with performance management system, employee relations and other HR-related tasks.
This non-manager position reports to the Chief HR Officer.
What We Are Looking For
- Associates degree preferred
- Five to seven years of HR generalist experience; professional services a plus
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to COBRA, FMLA, PFL, HIPAA, etc.
- Experience with multi-state payroll a plus!
- Proficient skills in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent professional communication skills – verbal & written
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- Must have strong customer service, organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- MUST have the ability to maintain high level of confidentiality while using discretion and diplomacy
This is an environment where multi-tasking is the norm and strict deadlines must be kept.
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!