Freed Maxick advises public and private companies on ways to enhance profitability, save taxes, improve accountability and reduce risk. We specialize in helping our clients discover and achieve their bottom-line potential and we provide sound business advice based upon our depth of services vast experience in a broad array of industries.
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has an immediate opportunity for Manager Level Candidates with experience in Banking/Financial Services Institutions in our hybrid environment.
About The Job
- Provide audit services related to regulatory compliance, internal controls and operational processes for Banking/Financial Services clients
- Provide internal audit and advisory services to assist with addressing operational, regulatory and compliance issues; help companies identify, assess, and mitigate risks and proactively consider emerging risks
- Track laws and regulations relevant to Banking/Financial Services clients; work with Financial Services team to develop and update methodologies and audit programs as per regulatory reforms
- Assist clients with other consulting projects as required, such as collaborating on system implementations/upgrade (providing audit/regulatory expertise to system integration/implementation teams)
- Identify and cultivate business development opportunities within the financial services arena; expand existing client relationships; attend conferences and networking events; maintain long-term client relationships and network.
- Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring and mentoring staff and managing engagement progress.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the Banking/Financial Services industry.
- Poses extensive project management skills including developing plans, budgets and deliverables schedules
- Understand a clients’ business and technology in order to identify, pursue and ultimately win additional services opportunities
- Develop, motivate and coach teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Demonstrates extensive abilities as a team leader, including creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the career/life quality of team members, providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress.
What We Are Looking For
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, MBA preferred
- Willingness to pursue relevant certifications as deemed necessary
- 10+ years of experience working at a financial services company or as an advisor to a financial services company; minimum five in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in planning, executing and reporting for Internal audits and compliance exams
- Relevant subject matter expertise to support the development of thought leadership
- Proven experience in delivering internal audits, compliance audits and other reviews/assessments in Lending (residential, consumer, commercial), BSA/AML, Deposit Operations, Regulatory Compliance (State & Federal), Retail Banking, Treasury, Wealth Management, Trust Operations, Model Validation experience (e.g. ALLL / CECL), SOX 404
- Executive presence, experience presenting to senior leadership, boards and C-Suite executives
- Forward thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to function in a fast-paced team environment with multiple simultaneous engagements
- Ability to travel 30%
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- The opportunity to grow the practice and build a book of business with the experts in the field and an incentive program providing commissions on new business
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling
- Hybrid and Remote work environment
- Dedicated FreedTIME provided to give back to the community along with several volunteer opportunities