Freed Maxick advises public and private companies on ways to enhance profitability, save taxes, improve accountability and reduce risk. We specialize in helping our clients discover and achieve their bottom-line potential and we provide sound business advice based upon our depth of services vast experience in a broad array of industries.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Manager/Senior Manager in our 1040/1041 Practice Area. Offices are in Buffalo, Batavia and Rochester. Remote opportunities will be considered.
The Tax Manager will:
- Ensure compliance with state and federal tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting.
- Monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
- Ensure compliance through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function of the tax team.
- Serve a Broad range of clients in various industries including healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, construction, real estate, high-net worth individuals, etc.
- Interact closely with clients providing innovative tax planning, consulting and compliance expertise
- Provide primary and secondary review of complex 1040 and 1041 returns
- Manage, develop train and mentor Staff on individual and estate & trust return preparation
- Assist with projection of annual taxable income and tax due
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax
- Assess Staff performance for engagements and year-end reviews
- Research technical issues
- Resolve issues directing with IRS/Tax Authorities
- Participate in client meetings and when appropriate, lead client meetings
We are looking for a team player who can support our team to greater performance, create and implement tax plans and work with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
- Minimum BS in Accounting
- Minimum 6+ years in public accounting required
- Proven experience with 1040 and 1041 tax preparation and review
- Experience with ProSystems a plus.
- Strong knowledge of QB desktop and QB online
- Strong tax knowledge at the local, state and federal levels
- Dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to clients
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to be discreet with confidential/sensitive information
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Strong work ethic
To be considered, please send cover letter, resume and salary request in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org