Associate, MAXIS (Client Accounting and Advisory Services)
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Associate in our Buffalo office. Freed Maxick is one of the largest Accounting firms in Western New York, and a Top 50 Firm as ranked by Vault.
We’re looking for an eager hands-on Associate to join our newly launched, fast-growing MAXIS team. The Firm’s MAXIS practice provides a full suite of back-office accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis services. In this position you will process routine transactions for our clients, with loads of opportunities to learn new responsibilities and take on new tasks as you grow into and master the base tasks of the position.
You will be tasked with recording daily and weekly transactions, monitoring automated transactional processes, and performing some journal entries and reconciliations at month-end. A successful candidate in this position will be able to process transactions quickly and communicate questions and issues when they arise – no guessing games or spinning wheels here! If you’re looking for a challenging, rewarding next step in your career with tons of room for growth, we want to hear from you!
- Execute daily transactional processes timely and accurately; in some cases this may be processing transactions manually and in other cases this will mean monitoring automated processes.
- Perform some month-end processes, journal entries, and other closing procedures in a timely manner to enable valuable, timely reporting to clients.
- Work with Finance and Accounting Team and the client to ensure the back-office accounting needs and deliverables are met within the reasonable agreed upon timelines.
- Partner with Finance and Accounting Team Leader and Implementation Services Team Leader to help advance some of the many client onboarding tasks towards completion.
- Help identify opportunities, evaluate potential solutions, and operationalize changes that can help us better serve our clients with higher efficiency and effectiveness.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other area that would translate well to working with numbers, finances, and client relationships
- 0-3 years experience
- Rudimentary knowledge MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to grow expertise in these areas
- Ability to form relationships with and interact with clients
- Ability to manage multiple engagements/projects demonstrating good time management skills and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal teams and external clients comfortably and confidently
- A self-starter and eager to learn new tools and technologies where needed to suit client or project requirements
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is passionate about client service and helping organizations and people grow.
- Will have a combination of strong organizational skills.
- Will possess a passion for technology and continuous improvement, both from a recurring process standpoint and internal controls assessment perspective.
- Has a strong desire to progress in their careers, learn new skills, and make a difference to both the internal team and for our external clients.
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
WHAT FREED MAXICK OFFERS
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community