Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Technology Analyst in our Buffalo office. Freed Maxick is one of the largest Accounting firms in Western New York, and a Top 50 Firm as ranked by Vault.
We’re looking for an entry to mid-level, hands-on Analyst to serve in our newly created role, Technology Analyst, to join our Client Accounting and Advisory Services (CAAS) team. The Firm’s CAAS Practice provides a full suite of back-office accounting, financial reporting, planning, and analysis services enabled by automated processes. The Technology Analyst will be instrumental in the enablement of our client initiatives and you’ll be on the front-line helping design and implement sustainable systems and processes for our clients.
Project management support
- Work closely with clients to identify areas for improvement and developing and implementing solutions
- Support project prioritization, PMO efforts, and project status reporting
- Document requirements, scope, plan/timelines, process flows, and key decisions
- Support the completion of project deliverables
- Organize and support kick-off meetings, status updates, and design workshops
- Lead testing efforts
- Communicate with project stakeholders and organizational leaders
Implement automation and efficiency initiatives
- Work with the business and technical contacts to scope and execute automation opportunities
- Improve efficiency of existing systems and processes
- Support clients to keep systems updated for changing business needs
- Analyze existing processes, identify automation opportunities, recommend, and implement sustainable solutions
- Leverage technology to support the automation and improvement of business processes.
Serve as key contact for numerous software applications.
Responsibilities may include:
- Drive configuration changes and related testing and troubleshooting
- Drive data migration efforts of importing/exporting legacy data
- Support the primary business owners on various questions and needs
- Support integration of software with other external systems
- Maintain project priority and status
- Analyze operational metric reporting to uncover process improvement opportunities
- Develop new reports from managed systems to support business needs
- Query and analyze large data sets through ad-hoc query tools such as SQL or application specific query tools
- Provide application training and documentation for key systems to clients
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree, 2 or more years work experience in Consulting or related to IT, Finance, Accounting, or similar roles.
- Experience working in the information technology and/or with accounting software products
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall and Agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with using QuickBooks and Oracle NetSuite a plus
- Proficient with Project Management Tools (i.e. MS Project, SmartSheet, Trello)
- Proficient with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is passionate about innovation and helping organizations.
- Will have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Will possess a passion for technology and learning new tools.
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to work on a project-based schedule
- Has experience with Finance and Accounting applications a (preferred)
- Has experience with project management solutions (e.g., Smartsheets)
- Has a demonstrated track record of accountability and delivering on commitments. Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to professionally interact across multiple departments and with various levels of leadership
- Is a strong team player with a focus towards collaboration and customer service
- Has ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment while possessing a positive and professional attitude
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
WHAT FREED MAXICK OFFERS
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- The opportunity to grow the practice and build a book of business with the experts in the field and an incentive program providing commissions on new business
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling
- Hybrid and Remote work environment
- Dedicated FreedTIME provided to give back to the community along with several volunteer opportunities