Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a Top 100 Firm in the U.S., is looking to add Project Management resources to our growing Healthcare Services and Business Intelligence services teams. The ideal candidate(s) will have a combination of strong management and analytical skills. The level of required technical project management skills and experience varies based on the complexity of client engagements.
The Project Manager role is responsible for coordinating the timely and quality delivery of services across a broad range of healthcare and/or business intelligence consulting services. This includes taking a lead role within every phase of the project lifecycle including initiation, planning, assessment, execution, monitoring and closure.
- Responsible for all aspects of the execution of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- In collaboration with Engagement leader and internal Subject Matter Experts (SME), define project’s scope from creative concept through final implementation and ensure external customers are apprised of any out-of-scope activities.
- Develop detailed baseline work plans, schedules, and budgets while effectively managing and controlling changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate and align schedules of business and technical resources (both client and internal project team).
- Effectively communicate status of projects to both internal and external stakeholders through recurring status reporting.
- Facilitate project meetings while capturing meeting action items while being able to proactively and continuously assess the impact of decisions/actions to the overall project plan.
- The ability to proactively identify, manage and escalate project issues and risks to project scope, schedule, budget and deliverables.
- Develop detailed “Requests for Data” while assisting engagement team with data validation when information is received and at various points throughout the project.
- Ability to supplement and support business analysts at times with data manipulation and analysis
- Prepare and present engagement reporting deliverables internally and to client leaders. This includes the ability to prepare clear and concise power point materials which support executive level and manager level presentations.
- Participate in cross-functional projects that span multiple business units.
- Display solid understanding of the client’s business strategies and apply knowledge to all project activities.
- Establish relationships with all functional areas and lead partner expectations.
- Ability to author comprehensive scope and requirements documents with input from technical resources
- Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Maintenance) a plus.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 3 years of professional experience in a project management and/or consulting role
- Experience working in the Information Technology and/or Healthcare industry
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall and Agile methodologies a plus
- Proficient with Project Management Tools (i.e. MS Project, SmartSheets, Trello)
- Proficient with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to form relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- Detail and big picture orientation
- Working toward project management certification (i.e. CAPM, PMP, etc.)
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Experience in Healthcare a plus
- Certifications: CAPM, PMP a plus
Please send resume, cover letter including salary requirements in confidence to email@example.com. Please reference job code BI1118.
Relocation assistance not provided.