We are excited to offer full-time remote or hybrid opportunities for highly skilled Revenue Cycle Analysts within the Revenue Cycle Services team of Freed Maxick’s thriving Healthcare Consulting Practice. The Revenue Cycle Services team works closely with the executive and senior leadership of healthcare providers including large integrated delivery systems, community hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, hospice / palliative care agencies, human service agencies, and other specialty providers to effect positive financial transformation. Given the challenging economic landscape in the healthcare industry, our clients are continuously seeking opportunities to improve their financial position to ensure long term sustainability relative to the services they provide to their communities.
Freed Maxick’s Healthcare Consulting Practice has over 30 team members dedicated to providing services and solutions to clients with a primary focus on the following lines of service: Financial Transformation, Revenue Cycle, Reimbursement, Financial Consulting and Business Intelligence.
The ideal Revenue Cycle Analyst candidate will have a strong understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics with experience analyzing processes and data that influence these metrics. Experience in revenue cycle operations, such as patient access, billing, A/R, or denials management is required.
Direct experience working within a provider setting is highly preferred for this position.
This position requires high degree of collaboration and engagement with internal Healthcare Consulting Practice team members and client stakeholders.
About The Job
The Revenue Cycle Analyst will be responsible for supporting client engagements primarily in the Revenue Cycle team but may also work with one or more service areas within our Healthcare Consulting Practice. Our Revenue Cycle Analysts are exposed to a wide variety of engagements and are provided tremendous opportunities to learn and advance.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets while collaborating with subject matter experts to interpret analysis to identify observations and provide recommendations. Example datasets include patient encounter data, procedure level data, billing statements / transactions, accounts receivable data, claim / denial data, etc.
- Identify and implement strategies to effectively validate data inputs and analysis results to ensure integrity,
- Prepare report deliverables to summarize data analysis findings in a format to drive decision-making. This may include creating accounts receivable aging reports, discharged not final billed reports, denial management reports, as well as determining the best format to present data that does not fit into a traditional format,
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels, including senior executives, to understand objectives and the analytical support required to achieve these objectives,
- Work with front-line staff of clientele to understand current revenue cycle processes and identify opportunities for improvement,
- Assesses current state processes while making recommendations for enhancements including redesigning and documenting supporting workflows and processes,
- Working with subject matter experts, develop and assist in the implementation of detailed project work plans to execute against initiatives identified from data driven analysis,
- Develop data models and tools to support on-going performance monitoring of implemented initiatives,
- Participate in the development and delivery or presentations to client stakeholders
- Identify and escalate project issues and risks to engagement leaders regarding scope, schedule, budget, and deliverables.
What We Are Looking For
Revenue Cycle Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Health Informatics or related field
- 0-2 years of professional experience in revenue cycle within a healthcare provider setting (hospital, nursing home, physician practice, behavioral health, etc.) or in a consulting role
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables, look ups, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to perform root cause analysis and resolve complex business issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and constantly changing environment
- Ability to stay up to date with industry trends, market challenges and emerging technologies that could impact the organization’s performance.
- Ability to travel to client locations based on needs and work effectively in a virtual/remote setting
Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst:
- In addition to the items listed for the Revenue Cycle Analyst, the Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst will have:
- 2 – 10 years of professional experience in revenue cycle analysis within a healthcare provider setting (hospital, nursing home, physician practice, behavioral health, etc.) or in a consulting role
- Strong project management fundamentals
- Master’s in Business Administration or Masters in Healthcare Administration preferred but not required
- Relevant certifications a plus (CPC, CRCR, CCS, RHIA, CAPM, PMP, etc.)
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment and strong team first culture
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $70,000 to $90,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!