Join one of Western New York’s largest public accounting firms and a Top 100 firm in the U.S. in an internship taken to a whole new level. In this real-world learning experience for accounting and IT students you’ll learn, grow and equip yourself with the tools needed to accelerate your career.
Our internships are about your goals, achievements and individuality, as well as your personal and professional development.
We’re here to maximize your experience by encouraging questions and engaging you in real-world scenarios within the Risk Advisory area of the Firm.
Interns share the same responsibilities as our full-time staff members. They are members of our engagement teams and work with our diverse client base and alongside our employee and management groups.
- Participate in conducting SOX 404 engagements including assessments, internal control documentation and testing of controls
- Perform financial, operational and / or IT audits for clients
- Participate in internal audit engagements, control reviews and process improvement reviews
- Have the opportunity to be a part of our growing cybersecurity practice
One-on-one mentoring and regular evaluations provide immediate feedback and documentation of your performance and progress. We also provide our interns with opportunities for volunteerism, a clear expression of one of Freed Maxick’s core values: giving back to the community.
1) A completed application received by Freed Maxick no later than September 30, 2021. Find a link to our application at freedmaxick.com.
2) Pursuit of minimum BS in Accounting, Information Systems, Internal Audit or Information Security.
3) The desire to pursue certification – CIA, CPA, CISA, PMP, CFE, CISSP.
4) A minimum GPA of 3.3.
5) Current transcript and resume.
6) Completion of two essays.
Candidates must submit the Risk Advisory Services Internship Application linked here in order to be considered for the internship opportunity. Please click here to apply.