Freed Maxick advises public and private companies on ways to enhance profitability, save taxes, improve accountability and reduce risk. We specialize in helping our clients discover and achieve their bottom-line potential and we provide sound business advice based upon our depth of services vast experience in a broad array of industries.
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Staff Level Consultant with our Risk Advisory Services group specializing in banking/financial services institutions. Freed Maxick is one of the largest Accounting firms in Western New York, and a Top 50 Firm as ranked by Vault.
About The Job
- Perform internal audits (financial, regulatory, operational, and internal controls/SOX 404 testing) and compliance reviews for various financial institutions and other clients in accordance with professional standards
- Collaborate closely with clients to raise the level of controls, assess compliance with various regulatory requirements related to financial services/banking, improve business performance, and contribute to providing assurance regarding risk and overall corporate governance.
- Lead financial, operation and compliance audits, including planning, reviewing prior audit issues, audit execution, identifying and defining issues and developing appropriate recommendations.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, and adhere to established policies, procedures and regulatory guidance.
- Understand the key components of risk within the business and ensure that these areas are tested as appropriate.
- Stay current with the regulatory environment, updating audit programs and contributing to marketing efforts by blogging on relevant topics.
- Assist in mentoring and training audit staff.
- Work with internal teams as well as client contacts to ensure effective coordination and collaboration.
- Effectively communication with management, co-source partner, external auditor and client leaders of various operations.
- Participate in special projects and assignments as necessary.
- Understand and adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
What We Are Looking For
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum two years of internal audit and or compliance related experience in a regulated financial institution
- An overall understanding of financial institution inner workings, including knowledge of lending areas, residential mortgages, consumer, and commercial).
- Related certification(s) preferred (ex. CIA)
- Proficient in current technology and tools (MS Office Suite, various audit tools, data analytics/reporting, etc.)
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community