Our growing Merger and Acquisitions Tax Advisory (M&A) team has hybrid and fully remote opportunities available starting at the senior associate level. A key component of the transaction lifecycle, our M&A tax professionals can help develop tax strategies that support the deal and the client organization as a whole . Our collaborative and dynamic Tax department is ideal for motivated, high-potential professionals.
About the Job
- Coordinate buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence for private equity groups and corporate clients
- Prepare and analyze reports correlating tax diligence and tax structuring findings with client valuations
- Identify issues affecting purchase price, deal structure, or deal termination
- Read and advise clients with respect to purchase agreements
- Recommend post-acquisition actions to achieve tax efficiency and minimize tax risks
- Work closely with clients, attorneys, or other stakeholders to analyze proposed transactions for tax implications and tax risks
- Assist with the Due diligence process by interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling -performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
- Developing, motivating, and training staff-level team members
- Bachelors/MBA with active CPA preferred; J.D. candidates will also be considered
- 3+ years of relevant experience in federal tax and/or mergers and acquisition in a public accounting firm, corporate tax department, or law firm
- Excellent tax research and writing skills
- Fundamental working knowledge in U.S. federal income tax, state and local tax, mergers and acquisitions, and transaction services
- Recent experience with corporate and pass-through tax concepts
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $66,000 to $84,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!