We have an immediate opportunity for a Service Desk Manager. This is a hybrid opportunity based out of our Buffalo, NY office.
About The Job
The Service Desk Manager’s role is to oversee all Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization, and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to ITIL best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability.
- Participate in internal service desk following ITIL framework
- Assist with tier-3 IT support tickets which have been escalated to engineering
- Create and maintain software packages using modern application delivery methodology
- Manage physical endpoints, virtual endpoints, and operating system deployments using modern endpoint management methodology
- Follow change management, problem management, and asset management processes
- Maintain system and process documentation within appropriate knowledge base
- Standardize and automate system and support processes
- Troubleshoot and manage issues related to application deployments and system updates
- Troubleshoot and manage issues related to identities, systems access accounts, authentication, authorization, entitlements, and permissions
- Troubleshoot and manage issues related to calling and conference devices
- Remediate system vulnerabilities
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies, and procedures
- Communicate with stakeholders to determine system update schedule for version, security, and feature set updates
What We Are Looking For
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related field or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of successful service desk operation
- Experience working with ITSM systems for incident resolution as well as for providing actionable analytics and spotting trends
- Experience with developing and documenting processes and procedures
- Demonstrated experience managing and holding staff accountable and achieving positive outcomes based upon repeatable processes
- Advanced understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Strong deductive reasoning, a logical mind, and a strong ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Strong attention to detail, goal setting and planning skills
- Ability to identify, deliver, and follow-up on required corrective actions
- Above average interpersonal skills and ability to engage in active listening
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to and implement changes quickly
- Ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Understanding of installation, configuration and maintenance of personal computers, networks, servers, and related hardware and software
- Knowledge and experience with administration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, and Cloud Technologies a plus
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours and participate in an on-call rotation to resolve issues or maintain systems as required
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Some inter-office travel may be required
As a hybrid position, a dedicated and private space is required to effectively work remotely. Some work will be performed in a professional office environment where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. Ability to work remotely contingent upon needs of business. The position may occasionally require travel up to 200 miles. Work hours may vary, some night and weekend work may be required including participation in an on-call rotation.
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $65,000 to $75,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!