Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. has an immediate temporary to permanent full-time opportunity for a Level 1 Service Desk Technician.
This position will:
- Act as the first line of defense in the successful operation of user facing technologies.
- Perform a variety of maintenance, software configuration, end-user support and training tasks in accordance with established process to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements.
- Provide support to staff on all Firm-supported applications and act as initial source of departmental contact through Service Desk software system.
- Troubleshoot computer problems in a manner dictated by documented process, capture relevant information within the Service Desk software system and route and escalate as appropriate.
- Complete project-based work as assigned.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Firm standards, policies and procedures.
- Essential Functions of this Position:
- Collect, respond to, and resolve or escalate incidents and requests submitted through the Firm’s Service Desk software system, in accordance with pre-determined Service Level Agreements and documented processes.
- Administer end-user workstations and support end-user activities in a VMWare virtual desktop infrastructure, standardized on Microsoft Windows-based systems, using pre-defined steps and workflows.
- Install, configure, maintain and upgrade: Physical Laptop computers and associated peripheral devices; network cabling and devices; multifunction copiers and workgroup printers; and other related equipment, devices and systems as designated by management.
- Troubleshoot software and application abnormalities and functionality issues and document finding fully in the Service Desk software system.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource in accordance with approved and documented policies and processes.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
- AAS Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1-2 years help desk experience.
- Ability to follow standard processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Conditions: The majority of work will be performed in a professional office environment where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The position may occasionally travel up to 200 miles. Work hours will vary depending on the season and some night and weekend work will be required during peak seasons.
The ideal candidate is motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Visit our website to learn more about us! www.freedmaxick.com