Immediate opportunity for a Level 1 Service Desk Technician in our Buffalo office
Position Summary: Reporting to the Service Desk Supervisor, maintain and monitor end-user workstations, Virtual Desktops and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software configuration, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications and act as initial source of departmental contact through Service Desk software system. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitors, responds to, and resolves or escalates incidents and requests submitted through the firms Service Desk software system in accordance with pre-determined Service Level Agreements.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Installs, configures, maintains and upgrades: Desktop and laptop computers and associated peripheral devices; network cabling and devices; servers and storage devices, multifunction copiers and workgroup printers; and other related equipment, devices and systems.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing Firm personnel.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1-2 years help desk experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
Join the Freed team and experience:
- Great Work / Life Balance
- Manageable Schedules and Travel
- Unique Sociable Culture
- Flexible Scheduling
- Giving Back to the Community and Volunteer Initiatives
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and requested salary range to email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.