We have hybrid and full time remote opportunities for senior, supervisor and manager level candidates looking to focus and specialize in Trust and Estate Returns and Consulting. This position will work predominantly with our trust and estate clients as well as high net worth individuals.
About the Job
- Assume full responsibility for directing multiple engagements
- Prepare and review complex estate fiduciary income tax returns along with the decedent’s final individual tax return
- Review fiduciary accounting for trusts and estates
- Provide tax planning and consulting to high net worth clients for estate and individual income taxes and wealth preservation
- Research and consult on various estate, gift, and trust-related issues, such as trustee and beneficiary issues, generation skipping tax issues and wealth transfer planning
- Help generate opportunities within existing clients, as well as meeting with and pursuing new clients
- Analyze estate planning documents including wills, codicils and trust instruments to determine the proper treatment of assets and liabilities for tax purposes
- Develop post-mortem tax-saving strategies for the estate accounts
- Provide oversight and direction to team of tax specialists in the delivery of tax services
- Tax research and planning, preparation, and review of complex 1040, 1041, 706 and 709 returns.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelors/MBA with active CPA or JD with Trust and Estate focus
- Current or very recent public accounting or estate law experience
- 4+ years’ experience in the preparing and review of fiduciary income tax returns
- Expert knowledge of the preparation of trusts, estate, gift tax returns and trust accounting
- Excellent presentation, client-facing and communication skills
- Detail oriented with distinguished follow through
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $65,000 to $90,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!