Our public utility accounting & consulting services include:
- Financial statement audits of both private and public entities
- Audit of internal control over financial reporting for accelerated public filers
- Quarterly reviews for public entities
- Tax planning and preparation
- Assistance with management’s assessment of internal control in connection with section 404 (a) of the Sarbanes’ Oxley Act, including control design, testing and evaluation
Our public utility accounting services teams have experience working with a variety of public utilities in both electric and gas industries in multiple states. We have both public and private clients and have worked on both the internal and external side of accelerated filers.
On the internal side, we assist public utility management with identifying key controls and testing those controls so they could be relied upon by the external auditor.
Additionally, we are familiar with regulatory accounting and worked with our clients through complex transactions including mergers and acquisitions.