Because making deals is one of your key activities, you need a firm that fully understands the risks, intricacies and urgency of due diligence. We understand you want to choose a firm with a company track record of proven transaction experience and timely service. At Freed Maxick, we bring everything you need in transaction support services, plus the services your portfolio companies need to succeed after the closing.
Freed Maxick brings speed-to-market capabilities and transaction know-how. As part of our full-service approach, we provide a wide range of additional services including tax and business consulting services when you and your portfolio companies are ready, including:
Transaction Support Services
Due diligence means nothing if the information is incomplete or late. We can put a dedicated team on the ground as fast as you need one, with professionals who offer a wide range of integrated services. Because issues arise during due diligence that can derail a transaction, we work quickly to identify and resolve them early in the process. Our experience with SBIC funds can be applied to service you in a variety of areas:
- Investment valuation procedures and required documentation
- Calculation and recording of management fees
- Distribution computations
- Tax advice and preparation of applicable state and federal tax returns
- Preparation of quarterly reports to Limited Partners
Due Diligence Services
Our professional resources enable us to create a comprehensive view of middle market transactions. We typically service the buy side of transactions, where we:
- Assess the financial condition of the company being acquired
- Analyze the quality of assets bought and liabilities assumed
- Identify internal control weaknesses including observations on systems and personnel
- Identify transitional issues
- Prepare historical trends and finance projection analysis
- Recommend the optimal deal structure from a tax perspective
- Recommend financing alternatives and sources
Reducing tax liability tops the list of concerns for every business owner. Our tax advisors constantly search for strategies that are best for a business—ones that consider your total business picture, not just your next return.
More than a report card, our audit process serves as a vehicle for continuous improvement in building a business.
We offer cost-effective business consulting services for you and your portfolio companies in the areas of financial management, risk management, strategy consulting, information technology and operations consulting.
Many of our clients have growth through acquisition, and as a result, we have assisted numerous clients in acquisition related services, including purchase accounting and allocation and related matters. The complexity of those services has varied with the structure and size of the transactions.