Welcome to the student opportunities section of our website. Here you will find more information about how you can become involved with Freed Maxick while still pursuing your education.
Learning is the best way to see if Freed is the right fit for you.
The Mentored Accounting Experience
The 2022 MAX internship application period is now open.
Risk Advisory Services Internship:
Our MAX internships offer real-world learning for accounting students every June through August. Be part of Freed Maxick’s fun and fast-paced environment. You’ll learn, grow and equip yourself with the skills needed to jump start your career.
As a MAX Program intern, you’ll be part of Western New York’s largest public accounting firm and gain real-world accounting industry experience, along with one-on-one time with our staff in a six-week, fast-paced schedule, including rotations through service areas such as Accounting & Auditing, Tax and Enterprise Advisory Services.
What You’ll Gain
- One-on-one mentoring
- Networking with Freed Maxick staff of all levels and Directors
- Exposure to a variety of service areas, from an audit and tax perspective
- Volunteer opportunities
- Exciting and challenging client assignments
- Refined technical skills through Freed-sponsored CPE sessions
- Real work experience in audit and tax practices
- Access to an engagement team to discuss client matters
- Evaluations and feedback throughout the internship
- A salary that is competitive with that of our first-year, full-time staff
MAX Program Requirements
- Completion of MAX Program application (available here when posted)
- Minimum “B” Grade Average in Accounting Principles I & II
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.3
- Current transcript and resume
- Completion of two essays
OTHER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Business Intelligence Internship
Position Overview / Responsibilities
We are looking for an individual who enjoys complex problem solving and helping to steer business decisions with insightful data visualizations. Duties will include interpreting client needs and translating them to technical requirements, acquiring and merging different datasets to tell a story with the data; participating in validation and testing phases; report and analytics preparation – specifically using Tableau and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
· On track to receive a Four-year degree in related area of study
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills – specifically with regard to technical specifications and development/documentation of procedures
· Ability to work independently or as a part of a team to meet client deadlines
· Strong client-facing skills
· Knowledge of various SQL based database technologies such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, and Postgres SQL
· Exposure to developing and maintaining databases, script queries and building reports in third party software.
· Familiarity with ETL, analytics and reporting software such as Tableau, Crystal Reports, and QlikView
· Knowledge of business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing
· Interest in pursuing a career in 3 to 5 years’ experience in business intelligence
· Adept knowledge of business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and a copy of transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAX Program Internship Contact
Shawn Frier, CPA, CFE, MAX Program Coordinator
Freed Maxick CPAs
424 Main Street, Suite 800
Buffalo, NY 14202
“During my time as a MAX Program intern, I was able to experience all the different areas of public accounting Freed Maxick has to offer, while also being treated as a first year staff. The six-week program was perfectly planned out so that I had adequate training, participated in on-site client audits, and also had…Read More
“The MAX Program provided me with insight on the unique culture of Freed Maxick. It allowed me to experience what my personal career would be like at the firm. The Program was an excellent balance of expanding my knowledge in public accounting, as well as learning and meeting the insightful and friendly staff and managers. …Read More
Explore a career in public accounting!
The Freed Maxick Leadership Experience
As a Top 100 Firm in the U.S., Freed Maxick is ahead of the curve, and our unique Leadership Experience is no exception. We are looking for students with drive who are ready to ramp up what they’re learning in school and propel into the real world of public accounting.
As part of the Freed Maxick Leadership Experience you will:
- Converse with our Directors and learn about their different paths to the top
- Compete in interactive technical engagements with our employees
- Exchange ideas and interact with our staff about what it takes to provide our growing, diverse client base with world-class service
- Discover best practices for boosting your technical skills through ongoing education and training
- Network with our leadership group, learning hand-on skills for making contacts, and finding the right course for your career
- Are Accounting Majors on track to complete 150 hours, their MBA, or MS in Accounting in December of 2021 or May of 2022
- An Accounting GPA of 3.3 or higher
The Freed Maxick Leadership Experience runs through our office in the Liberty Building in downtown Buffalo in the summer of 2021.
Send your resume to email@example.com to apply.
For additional questions, please contact our Career Coach, Nick Dentice, at firstname.lastname@example.org.