Welcome to the student opportunities section of our website. Here you will find more information about how you can become involved with Freed Maxick while still pursuing your education.
Learning is the best way to see if Freed is the right fit for you.
The Mentored Accounting Experience
The 2019 MAX internship application period is now closed.
Completed applications outside of the ERM Internship are no longer being accepted.
To review program requirements and gain more information on the Enterprise Risk Management internships, please click here to download the brochure.
To apply for the Enterprise Risk Management internship, please download the ERM Internship Application by clicking here.
Our MAX internships offer real-world learning for accounting students every June through August. Be part of Freed Maxick’s fun and fast-paced environment. You’ll learn, grow and equip yourself with the skills needed to jump start your career.
As a MAX Program intern, you’ll be part of Western New York’s largest public accounting firm and gain real-world accounting industry experience, along with one-on-one time with our staff in a six-week, fast-paced schedule, including rotations through service areas such as Accounting & Auditing, Tax and Enterprise Advisory Services.
What You’ll Gain
- One-on-one mentoring
- Networking with Freed Maxick staff of all levels and Directors
- Exposure to a variety of service areas, from an audit and tax perspective
- Volunteer opportunities
- Exciting and challenging client assignments
- Refined technical skills through Freed-sponsored CPE sessions
- Real work experience in audit and tax practices
- Access to an engagement team to discuss client matters
- Evaluations and feedback throughout the internship
- A salary that is competitive with that of our first-year, full-time staff
MAX Program Requirements
- Completion of MAX Program application (available here when posted)
- Minimum “B” Grade Average in Accounting Principles I & II
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.3
- Current transcript and resume
- Completion of two essays
Explore a career in public accounting!
The Freed Maxick Leadership Experience
As a Top 100 Firm in the U.S., Freed Maxick is ahead of the curve, and our unique Leadership Experience is no exception. We are looking for students with drive who are ready to ramp up what they’re learning in school and propel into the real world of public accounting.
As part of the Freed Maxick Leadership Experience you will:
- Converse with our Directors and learn about their different paths to the top
- Compete in interactive technical engagements with our employees
- Exchange ideas and interact with our staff about what it takes to provide our growing, diverse client base with world-class service
- Discover best practices for boosting your technical skills through ongoing education and training
- Network with our leadership group, learning hand-on skills for making contacts, and finding the right course for your career
- Are Accounting Majors on track to complete 150 hours, their MBA, or MS in Accounting in December of 2020 or May of 2021
- An Accounting GPA of 3.3 or higher
The Freed Maxick Leadership Experience runs through our office in the Liberty Building in downtown Buffalo in July, 2019.
For additional questions, please contact our Career Coach, Nick Dentice, at firstname.lastname@example.org.