The Mentored Accounting Experience
The 2019 MAX internship application period is now closed.
Completed applications outside of the ERM Internship are no longer being accepted.
To review program requirements and gain more information on the Enterprise Risk Management internships, please click here to download the brochure.
To apply for the Enterprise Risk Management internship, please download the ERM Internship Application by clicking here.
Our MAX internships offer real-world learning for accounting students every June through August. Be part of Freed Maxick’s fun and fast-paced environment. You’ll learn, grow and equip yourself with the skills needed to jump start your career.
As a MAX Program intern, you’ll be part of Western New York’s largest public accounting firm and gain real-world accounting industry experience, along with one-on-one time with our staff in a six-week, fast-paced schedule, including rotations through service areas such as Accounting & Auditing, Tax and Enterprise Advisory Services.
What You’ll Gain
- One-on-one mentoring
- Networking with Freed Maxick staff of all levels and Directors
- Exposure to a variety of service areas, from an audit and tax perspective
- Volunteer opportunities
- Exciting and challenging client assignments
- Refined technical skills through Freed-sponsored CPE sessions
- Real work experience in audit and tax practices
- Access to an engagement team to discuss client matters
- Evaluations and feedback throughout the internship
- A salary that is competitive with that of our first-year, full-time staff
MAX Program Requirements
- Completion of MAX Program application (available here when posted)
- Minimum “B” Grade Average in Accounting Principles I & II
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.3
- Current transcript and resume
- Completion of two essays