As a municipal organization, you face many unique issues. You deal with a sensitive political environment and must comply with many state and federal regulations.
Our Government Services Practice is comprised of professionals who understand the unique environment within which municipal organizations operate and the compliance issues they face. All members of our Government Services Practice are experienced in audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, the provisions of the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996, and OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations.
Freed Maxick has a strong reputation for providing quality services to a wide range of municipal organizations including cities, BOCES, school districts, cooperative municipalities and local government organizations. Some of the services we offer include:
- Audit services
- Single audit and compliance audit services
- Accounting, bookkeeping and reporting assistance
- Internal control evaluations
- Budget planning and management
- Fund balance planning and management
- Cash management
- Evaluation and calculation of incurred but not reported liabilities
- Performance of special agreed-upon procedures
- Consulting services
We specialize in addressing the concerns specific to government entities and will customize solutions to meet your individual needs.