Freed Maxick CPAs, is a top 100 Firm in the U.S and a top 50 Firm as ranked by Vault. As one of the largest Accounting firms in Western New York, we have offices in downtown Buffalo, Batavia and Rochester, NY and have staff located across the country. Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
Freed Maxick CPAs has immediate remote and hybrid opportunities for a Tax Manager specializing in the agriculture sector.
We are seeking an experienced Tax Manager with a strong background in the agriculture industry to join our dynamic and dedicated team. As a Tax Manager, you will have an opportunity to lead and develop a team while playing a crucial role in providing expert tax advice and specialized industry guidance to our clients. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients, including crop, dairy and fruit farmers, agribusiness service providers and distributors as well as food manufacturers and processors.
About The Job
- Provide comprehensive tax planning and compliance services to clients in the agriculture industry, ensuring adherence to relevant tax laws and regulations
- Conduct thorough research and analysis of complex tax issues and transactions specific to the agriculture sector, and develop innovative tax strategies and solutions
- Prepare and review income tax returns for flowthrough entities, corporations, and related farm owners individual tax returns
- Collaborate with clients to identify potential tax savings opportunities and optimize their overall tax positions including utilization of agricultural specific Federal and State tax credits
- Advise clients on tax implications related to farm operations, farm succession and estate planning, and other industry-specific transactions including choice of entity
- Assist clients in navigating tax audits and represent their interests before tax authorities when necessary
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in tax legislation and regulations impacting the agriculture industry, and proactively communicate relevant changes to clients
- Managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff
- Ability to travel to client locations periodically throughout the year
- Build and cultivate relationships with network of agricultural professionals
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree/MBA in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in tax planning and compliance. Focus on the agriculture industry including but not limited to working with farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses is highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements applicable to the agriculture sector
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to research complex tax issues and provide sound recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with clients and staff
- Detail-oriented approach with exceptional organizational and time management abilities
- Proficiency in tax software and MS Office applications
- Familiarity with specialized agricultural accounting software is a plus
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $89,000 to $140,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in Western New York based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!