We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Communications and Event Specialist to join our team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing all aspects of events, both in-person and hybrid, from conception to completion, ensuring a seamless and exceptional event experience. The ideal candidate will have experience with event technology and professional services, along with a minimum of 5 years of experience in event coordination. This is a hybrid opportunity based out of our Buffalo, NY office.
About the Job
- Coordinate logistics of internal communication campaigns (email, podcast, video, etc.)
- Post and deliver content on the firm’s internal communication platforms (SharePoint)
- Sunsetting or archiving of content of internal firm platforms
- Creating internal templates and formatting content in accordance with employer branding guidelines
- Provide assistance to other ad hoc projects
- Plan, coordinate, and execute events, both in-person and hybrid, including venue selection, catering, and audiovisual, transportation, and logistics coordination
- Proven ability to manage events of different sizes, from small-scale events with 10 attendees to large-scale events with hundreds of attendees.
- Passion for delivering exceptional event experiences and creating memorable moments for all attendees.
- Leverage technology to ensure seamless event registration, communication, and attendee management, working closely with high-level leadership to ensure their needs and preferences are met.
- Develop and manage event budgets, timelines, and project plans.
- Source and negotiate with vendors to ensure competitive pricing and high-quality services
- Source and manage promotional item inventory
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure successful event delivery.
- Book travel and hotel accommodations for conference attendees and speakers, ensuring that all arrangements are made in a timely and cost-effective manner, and that all attendees have a comfortable and convenient experience.
- Manage event-related data and provide accurate reporting on event performance and ROI.
- Ensure all events comply with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, marketing, hospitality, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in event coordination, with experience in event technology a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality events.
- Experience with event management software and tools.
- Ability to flex schedule to accommodate night and weekend events, as required.
If you are an organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated individual with a passion for delivering exceptional event experiences, we would love to hear from you.
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!