Full-time opportunity in Fall 2019 with the Healthcare Consulting group of a Top 100 CPA Firm.
We are looking for individuals with data analytical capability and client-facing skills, and a bachelor’s degree in in Accounting, Computer Science, Healthcare Analytics, Data Analytics or a related field.
The Financial Analyst provides analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information on multiple consulting projects in the areas of provider process improvement, revenue cycle operations/improvement, and reimbursement analysis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal and client sources. Prepares reports based on findings, including health care costs, provider contracts, debt capacity, revenue and profitability.
- Works with large amounts of raw data and organizes, analyses, and reports based on internal management and end client needs.
- Performs special projects which include research, forecasting and ad hoc analysis.
- Evaluates analysis outcomes and constructs client status reports based on findings.
- Reviews financial statements in order to perform client initiative outcome measurement and forecasting.
- Reviews patient billing statements, accounts receivable data, claim denial data in order to support revenue cycle analytics and process improvement engagements.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements with varying team members and deadlines
- Interface positively and appropriately with client personnel and other team members
- Draft and present deliverables with team members to clients, including executives
About Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C.
True talent opens the door to real freedom. As a university hire, we’ll give you the freedom to live your life and pick your career path. From mentoring to monthly social events, you’ll quickly become part of our team.
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. is one of the largest accounting and consulting firms in Western New York and a Top 100 largest CPA firm in the United States. Serving closely held businesses, SEC companies, governmental and not-for-profit clients across New York as well as nationally and internationally, Freed Maxick mobilizes high-performance professionals to guide client growth, compliance, security and innovation. Freed Maxick specializes in the healthcare, manufacturing, real estate, banking, agribusiness and private equity sectors and has more than 300 professional and administrative personnel and offices in Buffalo, Batavia, Rochester and Syracuse, New York.
Freed Maxick has the technical capabilities and practical knowledge that come with 25 years of serving the financial and reporting needs of healthcare and not-for-profit organizations. The Firm’s Healthcare Practice currently provides services to over 280 entities throughout New York State and numbers 35 full-time professionals. Freed Maxick serves healthcare organizations including integrated healthcare delivery systems, hospitals, long-term care facilities, home healthcare hospice, home care agencies, adult day care programs, continuing care retirement communities, assisted living facilities, independent living facilities, adult homes and behavioral health providers, as well as numerous medical practices and freestanding specialty clinics.
HEALTHCARE FINANCIAL ANALYST POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Accounting, Computer Science, Healthcare Analytics, Data Analytics or a related field is required.
- High level Excel skills, including working with raw data using pivot tables, vlookups, and advanced formulas.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills across people process and technology
- Highly motivated self-starter who is an excellent team player
- Ability to innovate in a fast-growing work environment and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
Submit a resume, cover letter and transcript, to email@example.com