Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Senior Accountant in our Buffalo office. Freed Maxick is one of the largest Accounting firms in Western New York, and a Top 50 Firm as ranked by Vault.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Senior Accountant to join our newly launched MAXIS team. The Firm’s MAXIS practice provides a full suite of back-office accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis services. This position will be instrumental in the growth of the practice and you’ll be able to help service existing clients, onboard new clients, and help improve and develop new processes to enable profitable growth of the practice.
You will be tasked with recording daily transactions, monitoring automated transactional processes, monthly closing of the clients’ ledgers, and ensuring the timely and accurate completion of account analysis, reconciliations, and reporting requirements. A successful candidate in this position will be able to translate their daily and monthly experiences into process improvements for MAXIS and profit improvements for our clients. If you’re looking for a challenging, rewarding next step in your accounting career with tons of room for growth, we want to hear from you!
- Execute daily transactional processes timely and accurately; in some cases this may be processing transactions manually and in other cases this will mean monitoring automated processes.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, journal entries, and other closing procedures in a timely manner to enable valuable, timely reporting to clients.
- Review work performed by entry level associates and provide feedback in a constructive manner that is aligned with practice goals and helps promote growth of the associates.
- Work with Finance and Accounting Team and the client to ensure the back-office accounting, reporting, planning and analysis needs, key performance indicators, and deliverables are met within the reasonable agreed upon timelines.
- Directly assist Implementation Services Team in onboarding of new clients, including evaluating business processes, converting to MAXIS methodology, optimizing technology, and performing a wide array of implementation tasks including data migration and validation.
- Help identify opportunities, evaluate potential solutions, and operationalize changes that can help us better serve our clients with higher efficiency and effectiveness.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, MBA plus, CPA plus
- 2-5+ years experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Ability to proactively identify and communicate issues and coordinate of resolutions, both internally and externally with clients and vendors
- Proficient with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- GAAP reporting knowledge and familiarity with preparing financial statements
- Ability to form relationships with and interact with clients
- Ability to manage multiple engagements demonstrating good time management skills and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with other internal and external clients comfortably and confidently
- A self-starter and eager to learn new tools and technologies where needed to suit client or project requirements
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is passionate about client service and helping organizations and people grow.
- Will have a combination of strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Will possess a passion for technology and continuous improvement, both from a recurring process standpoint and internal controls assessment perspective.
- Will possess strong GAAP reporting and accounting process background.
- Will serve as the primary contact for our clients
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
WHAT FREED MAXICK OFFERS
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $66,000 to $84,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.