Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. has an immediate opportunity in our downtown Buffalo office for a Systems Engineer (Network and Virtualization). This resource, reporting to the Lead Systems Architect, fills a role that is technical with collaborative and leadership components.
The Systems Engineer (Network and Virtualization) is responsible for managing and maintaining physical network and VMware infrastructure. The primary responsibility is working within our engineering team to complete ongoing hardware/software maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring and control of network and virtualization resources.
Other responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating leadership and advanced knowledge of Virtualization Technology and Networking fundamentals.
- Ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the firm’s technology infrastructure through the appropriate operation of technologies.
- Troubleshooting and resolving networking, storage, and compute issues; act as an escalation point for internal service desk.
- Ability to work within a team and provide leadership in the design, deployment and support of infrastructure systems focused on best practices and repeatable standardized processes.
- Fully documenting all created design, deployment and support processes including capacity planning, recovery strategies and security for supported areas while establishing system management criteria.
- Identifying and recommending upgrades and enhancements that would contribute to system availability, cost savings, and/or productivity improvements.
- Performing responsibilities in accordance with all firm standards, policies and procedures.
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience of highly relevant Virtualization and Network engineering.
- Experience with VMware technologies (ESXi, vSAN, Horizon, NSX, Velocloud, etc.)
- Experience with Cisco/Meraki Networking technologies (Switches, Wireless, Routers, Security, UC, etc.)
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies such as IaaS, PaaS, SDN, NFV, and other emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, vendors and peers.
- Strong attention to detail and solid follow-up capabilities.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Certification or certification level knowledge for CCNA or VCP preferred.
- Some inter-office travel may be required.
The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of network and virtualization technology fundamentals, with prior experience both designing and deploying systems, is motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.