We have an immediate opportunity for a System Engineer. This resource fills a role that is technical with collaborative and leadership components. This is a hybrid opportunity based out of our Buffalo, NY office.
About The Job
Reporting to the CIO, the System Engineer is responsible for contributing to the successful utilization of relevant technologies including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrate leadership and advanced knowledge of Windows Server, Desktop Applications, Microsoft Cloud Platforms (Intune, Azure, Office 365) and other technologies.
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the firm’s technology infrastructure through the appropriate operation of relevant technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of core network competencies.
- Participate in internal service desk and assist with tier-3 IT support tickets which have been escalated to engineering.
- Support and foster departmental and company culture through mentoring, training, and oversight of service desk staff, fellow engineers, and other firm staff.
- Develop and upkeep service desk knowledge base, including articles, usage guides and FAQs for end users and service desk staff.
- Ability to work with or within a team and provide leadership in the design, deployment, and support of infrastructure systems focused best practices and standardized processes.
- Make recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to System availability, cost savings, and/or productivity improvements.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system-wide software, interact with users, and evaluate vendor products.
- Contribute to and lead specific projects to enhance Windows infrastructure, automate existing processes and procedures using MS PowerShell or other automation tools, and manage and maintain technologies such as Microsoft ADDS, Exchange, Teams, Office 365, and Identity.
- Recommend and document standards and best practices including capacity planning, recovery strategies and security for supported areas while establishing system management criteria.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies, and procedures.
What We Are Looking For
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related field or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of highly relevant Microsoft engineering and/or support experience.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain a variety of Microsoft systems and software. Certification or certification level knowledge for Microsoft MCA/MCE preferred.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Azure and/or VMware virtualization technologies preferred.
- Experience with developing and documenting processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Strong knowledge of computer, network, security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to and implement changes quickly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, vendors, and peers.
- Strong attention to detail and solid follow-up capabilities.
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or maintain systems as required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Some inter-office travel may be required.
As a hybrid position, a dedicated and private space is required to effectively work remotely. Some work will be performed in a professional office environment where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. Ability to work remotely contingent upon needs of business. The position may occasionally require travel up to 200 miles. Work hours may vary, some night and weekend work may be required including participation in an on-call rotation.
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!