We are looking for Talent at the senior / supervisor, level specifically in the partnership and flow-through area to work fully remote or in one of our three office locations.
This role offers the opportunity to work with partnership and flow-through tax returns and projects, encountering unique and challenging issues you wouldn’t see over many years at other organizations. Our collaborative and dynamic tax department is ideal for motivated, high-potential professionals.
About The Job
- Lead and manage the client relationship with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, consulting, etc.
- Completing responses and schedules in preparation for audits and notices. Interact directly with the IRS or state tax authorities via Power of Attorney.
- Manage client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Experience analyzing interstate tax filing compliance
- Accurately prepare and review federal and state tax returns in a timely manner.
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions.
- Train and develop staff members
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of tax planning opportunities
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelors/MBA with CPA
- Proven experience that qualifies for the senior or supervisor role
- Good presentation, client-facing and communication skills
- A strong background in maintaining and building client relationships
- Has excellent research skills (using CCH, RIA Checkpoint, BNA, etc.) and an understanding of federal and state tax authorities
- Assists in the development and implementation of tax planning initiatives
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $65,000 to $90,000. These salary ranges are for applicants based in Western New York. Consideration will be given to applicants outside of our geographic area with appropriate ranges provided, based on location.
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!