Tax Talent – Partnership and Flow-through
We are looking for Talent at the senior / supervisor, level specifically in the partnership and flow-through area to work fully remote or in one of our three office locations.
This role offers the opportunity to work with partnership and flow-through tax returns and projects, encountering unique and challenging issues you wouldn’t see over many years at other organizations. Our collaborative and dynamic tax department is ideal for motivated, high-potential professionals.
About The Job
- Lead and manage the client relationship with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, consulting, etc.
- Completing responses and schedules in preparation for audits and notices. Interact directly with the IRS or state tax authorities via Power of Attorney.
- Manage client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Experience analyzing interstate tax filing compliance
- Accurately prepare and review federal and state tax returns in a timely manner.
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions.
- Train and develop staff members
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of tax planning opportunities
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelors/MBA with CPA
- Proven experience that qualifies for the senior or supervisor role
- Good presentation, client-facing and communication skills
- A strong background in maintaining and building client relationships
- Has excellent research skills (using CCH, RIA Checkpoint, BNA, etc.) and an understanding of federal and state tax authorities
- Assists in the development and implementation of tax planning initiatives
What Freed Maxick Offers
- An attractive and competitive compensation and benefit package
- A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs
- An incentive program for commissions on new business, and referral bonuses for introducing potential new employees
- Promotion and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing education to keep your technical skills sharp and your soft skills top-notch
- Unique sociable culture
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
- Compensated time to volunteer in the community
Apply today! We are looking forward to meeting with you!